Friday 10 August 2012

Dotty About Spots

Time for something a little different. For this mani there is no stamping, no Gold or Silver Foil and no sparkly gems. I used a gorgeous blurple (yes that really is a colour in the nail world - meaning bluey purple) from Barry M called Indigo. One of my girlfriends was sporting this particular shade at a recent Hen Do so I just knew it was time to give it a go myself.

It really is a lovely colour and much more flattering than I thought it might be.



I decided to add some simple polka dots using my dotting tool and two contrasting shades from Barry M - Bright Red and Bright Purple. It is hard to see on the pictures as my new NYC top coat has made my nails look like super shiny glass but I also added some Red and Magenta Glitter spots for a little bit of contrast.



In order to make these dots really stand out against the Indigo base I first of all created them using Barry M Matt White as you can see below. I allowed the White to dry and then dotted over the top with Bright Red and Bright Purple.



Pretty little bottle shot
Are you dotty about spots? Such a simple but effective idea and as the colour combinations are endless this is a design I can come back to again and again.

Louise xx

3 comments:

  1. Love these Lou! I'm a real fan of the nautical colours and actually love just the white on navy look. Very pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the white on navy is really striking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to say the same - I love the white on navy best! xx

    ReplyDelete