Thursday 23 August 2012

Green and Greydient

Almost all of the nail blogs I follow (which is a lot) have recently featured some kind of gradient manicure. The look is usually achieved using two colours dabbed onto the nail with a make up sponge to create a blended two tone manicure. I have yet to attempt this style of nail art however today I realised that one of the stamps from the 2012 collection will achieve a similar look.



For the base I used NYC Mint Macaroon and then to create the gradient I used Barry M Grey and the stamp taken from plate BM 301. I created an accent nail using Barry M Grey and the base and three pretty little mint green rhinestones taken from a set I purchased on eBay.





I think with a little bit of practice this stamp could be a really quick way to achieve a gradient manicure. I will definately be trying it again with a different colour combination. What do you think? Do you like the two tone look?

Take care

Louise xx

4 comments:

  1. These look lovely Lou! I'd really like to see them in a bright pink and navy, although I'm sure you're never stuck for ideas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, it's really hard to tell which is the base colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will play with this stamp today... maybe even do an ode to you with the rhinestone accent nail :)

    ReplyDelete