Sunday 19 August 2012

Fantasy Fire - the Layered Look

When I first started looking into starting my own blog in March/April this year, one polish that was pictured and reviewed regularly was the much sought after Max Factor Fantasy Fire. I purchased a mini bottle of this colour shifting rainbow shimmer but until now have not used it in any of my manicures. Tonight I was in the mood to create something a little special so I reached for that little bottle of goodness and came up with this...



I realise this manicure doesnt look very special from just the above pictures so I have included more below of how the layers where built up. I would love to be able to capture the real beauty of Fantasy Fire on my camera but it really is one of those polishes that has to be seen to be believed. 

Picture taken inside with LED lamp

Picture taken outside with natural light



For the base colours I used 2 coats of Barry M's Racing Green and Vivid Purple. I then layered one coat of Max Factors Fantasy Fire over the top. As Fantasy Fire is very sheer and would take approx 4 coats for opacity I decided to use it as a top coat instead. It looks stunning over both the green and purple base.

On the green nails I could really see the orange, copper and gold flecks dancing on my nails. On the purple nails the red, orange and purple flecks really came to life. I dont think I would ever get bored of looking at this polish and trying to count exactly how many different colour flecks it contains!

For the stamping I used Konad White and the simple flower outline pattern taken from plate BM 205. I added pink dots for the flower centres using Barry M Shocking Pink and lastly applied one thick coat of NYC Expert Top Coat to give that final glassy shine.

In real life this layered nail art looks amazing and I expect I will spend most of tomorrow staring at its beauty - in between working very hard in the office of course :-).

Louise xx

1 comment:

  1. Fantasy Fire is amazing - I havent had much luck photographing it to full effect either! Impossible when it changes colour depending what angle you hold it to the light xx

    ReplyDelete