Tuesday 31 July 2012

Iron Butterfly & Gems

I am so excited... my Orly Iron Butterfly arrived today from the States. I have only been waiting for about 10 days but still I was very pleased when it arrived this morning. Iron Butterfly is part of the Metal Chic collection and is a stunning matte charcoal grey.

I havent seen this shade available for sale in the UK so although I had to purchase from the States it was still only £7 including postage. Totally worth every penny.

Iron Butterfly no top coat
This polish dries uber quick so I built up the coverage with three very thin layers and it dried to a perfect metallic matte grey. It reminded me of suede - almost like it would be soft to the touch! The polish contains lots of silver shimmer which became even more obvious once I added a layer of top coat.


My accent nail is Models Own Utopia which is a pretty pale pinky grey and I could not resist adding these beautiful little square pink gems to create a different dynamic to my usual stamping patterns.

Iron Butterfly with Seche Vite top coat

Excuse the rain drops - I wanted natural light!


I am really pleased with this look and I hope you enjoy the pictures. I would definately purchase more of these matte type nail polishes in the future. In fact there are two other gorgeous colours in this Metal Chic collection that will find there way into my online shopping basket at some point later in the night.

Louise xx

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. However do you keep coming up with these ideas. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doch auch diejenigen, die sehr gern entscheiden wollen,
    was die Mnnerwelt vor der sexcams
    ihr Bestes geben, um den Zuschauer zu Hchstleistungen an.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am a blogger, and
    I was wondering your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and
    we are looking to trade strategies with other folks, be sure to shoot me an e-mail if interested.


    Check out my page :: lemanoade diet ingredients

    ReplyDelete