Thursday 26 July 2012

A Mani of Firsts

As I was looking back over my posts to date I realised that I haven't featured purple as a colour so I decided to put that right by featuring five different shades in one mani. I also decided to try a technique that is new to me although I understand it has been a favourite of many established nail bloggers long before now - the braided accent nail.


This was my first attempt at a braided manicure and I have to say I am loving the results. It was easy (if a little time consuming) to do and I managed to get the design to stay in a central line running down my nail. I picked three shades of purple to complete the design but next time I would try three totally contrasting colours for a much bolder result


The colours used to create this mani are from the Barry M range (surprise I hear you yell) and are as follows:
Little finger - Vivid Purple
Ring finger - Braided with Lilac Foil, Vivid Purple and Bright Purple
Middle finger - Boots Limited Edition (no colour name)
Index - Bright Purple
Thumb - Berry Icecream


I also added a few accents using my stamping plates:
Index finger - BM 05 and rhinestone from eBay
Thumb - BM 309 (fast becoming my favourite plate)


Another fun little one day mani that I will remove tomorrow as I plan something special for our girls trip to the Polo Festival on Saturday. Take care.

Louise xx

6 comments:

  1. it's a gorgeous manicure! I love purple and the braided accent nail is perfect! have a nice day
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing!! These look fantastic! Prob my favourite to date!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the one with the little jewel. Have to be horse's heads on Sat. Enjoy the Polo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing! The colours look great together. I have not tried the braided look myself. I hope to shortly but don't know if I'll post it. Depends on how it turns out

    Really good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. brill work must take after your dad xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was from me finger on pulse dadxx

    ReplyDelete