Tuesday 17 July 2012

Inspired By... Skulls

Not only did I have a huge nail polish splurge in TK Maxx recently but I also bought several new tops, all of which have given me inspiration for some up and coming nail art. First on my list was this striking black and white skull print top. I wore this to sunday lunch with my in-laws. It may sound strange to some that I would pick a skull print for such an occasion but my in laws are unique in that way and very into all things rock music, tattoo related and skull printed.

Close Up
Monochrome nails are always effective but with the addition of a simple skull print I really felt like these nails had a little something special. What do you think?


To create this design I turned to my tried and tested Barry M's for the base and Konad special polishes for the stamped design.

Thumb, Middle and Little - Base colour Barry M Matt White, stamped with BM 225 using Konad Black
Index and Ring - Base colour Barry M Black, stamped with BM 225 using Konad White

Really that simple! I was really pleased with how they turned out especially as I was still top coating them in the car in the way to lunch.



One of the other tops I purchased was a really pretty butterfly print with creams, lilacs and muted gold tones. Check back to see the nail art I create to match very soon.

As ever please feel free to leave comments or if you like my blog so far please sign up to follow me and tell your friends.

Louise xx

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Well, skulls arent'really my thing but i can say when something looks good, and your do :)

    I have given you the Versatile Blogger Award! :)Check it out in my post http://theclockwisenailpolish.blogspot.pt/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Kisses!!***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, skulls are not really my thing but I must agree these do look very good. Great idea for Halloween.......Cant wait to see the next instalment. Jane R xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love, these are awesome, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is TOTALLY awesome!
    Real neat how you alternated the skull position
    I enjoy seeing "inspired by" posts

    ReplyDelete