Sunday 8 July 2012

Beautifully Black

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. This new blog will allow me to indulge even further into my ever growing collection of nail polish, nail glitter, stamping plates and sparkly rhinestones. I am new to both nail art and the blogging world but I hope over future posts I will become better at both and you will enjoy following me enough to visit regularly, tell your friends about my blog and of course leave comments and ideas.

Without further delay I would like to present the nail art I wore last night for drinks with a few of my nearest and dearest friends. This base colour is two coats of Beautifully Black from the Boots No 7 collection. This is my go to black when I am looking for a slightly more subtle shade of black, the polish contains lots of tiny but beautiful silver sparkles and needs two medium coats for good coverage.


For my ring finger and thumb nails I stamped using a very pretty butterfly design from the 2012 Bundle Monster collection - plate BM 307. The detail on the butterflies is gorgeous so I just knew this was the first design I would use from the collection when it arrived on Friday. On my other nails I used small hexagonal silver sequins (purchased on ebay) in the 'framed nail' design made famous by Sammy at Nailasaurus.


I was really pleased with these nails and will definately re-create them with a new colour scheme in the near future. Below is a close up shot of the bottle so you can see just how much lovely silver sparkle is hidden in this polish. The Boots No 7 polishes retail for £7 each but I only purchase them when Boots are running their £5 off No 7 promotion, which reminds me I have 2 vouchers currently burning a hole in my purse - off to Boots for me!



Thank you for reading my very first post - I hope you enjoyed looking at it as much as I enjoyed writing it
Louise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment