Friday 30 August 2013

Purple, Gold and Orange nails: Same Accent Nail

Happy Friday!

Tonight I am showing you the final look in my mini 'same accent nail' feature... I am so in love with these nails :-).

This shooting star look is totally inspired by one of the lovelies I follow on Instagram... @tsebian. Thank you so much :-).


As you can see below I started off with a simple shimmery gold base. This is an unnamed Maybelline polish that I picked up a while back in Poundland. It has a lovely finish and no streaky marks which is unusual for anything metallic based.


Once the gold was fully dry I then added five strips of tape to each nail to create the shooting star effect. working on one nail at a time I then applied one fairly thick coat of Barry M Vivid Purple. Before the purple had a chance to dry I carefully peeled each individual tape strip off the nail.


To each of the gold and purple shooting star nails I added a small orange star at the point the striping tape crossed over.


My orange accent nail is the same as my previous three posts, didn't it do well?


Here is the collection of goodies I used to create my shooting star nails. I can see this design becoming a firm favourite of mine :-)


This last look brings my mini feature to a close, tomorrow I will finally remove my orange accent nail and depending on how well this feature has been received I may come up with a couple more. Any ideas?

Have great weekends polish lovers

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

4 comments:

  1. Yes, more! I really liked this cute and original series of posts. III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, more! I really liked this cute and original series of posts. III

    ReplyDelete