Thursday 20 December 2012

Christmas Nails: Modern Christmas Trees

Good evening lovelies!

As I mentioned earlier in the week we put our Christmas Trees up at the weekend. This year we have gone for a totally modern twist so we have black trees covered with pretty pink and silver decorations. They match perfectly with our recently decorated lounge which has some really bold feature wallpaper also in black and pink.

Using a tutorial from the brilliant Jane at Nailside for her bare Christmas Tree nail art I came up with a manicure to match our Trees :-)


I started with a base of the much loved OPI MBSW. It is a slightly off white with the smallest hint of grey which prevents it from being too stark. Then using my black striper I followed the tutorial from Jane and drew on the bare Christmas Trees.


Using my new Barry M Pink Foil and my trusty Silver Foil I dotted on baubles of various sizes. I am so excited about the Pink Foil as I have been patiently waiting for Barry M to listen to us bloggers and bring out a whole range of foils that are as perfect as the Gold and Silver ones are for stamping.


I added a few dots of Barry M Silver Glitter and a bright pink star shaped rhinestone for the necessary Christmas sparkle and voila... Nails to match our Trees!

For my thumb I used just one coat of Pink Foil and one thin layer of Silver Glitter. It looks stunning in real life!


Here is our main tree... Doesn't it match the wallpaper well?


Here is our second much smaller tree... Cute !


I just couldn't resist taking a few extra shots with some baubles (borrowed from the tree) for props...



How do you like our modern Christmas Trees? I know they wont be everyones cup of tea but we really like them and I love how my nails match so perfectly :-)

Louise xx

5 comments:

  1. I love this look! Its refreshing to see such a modern twist on Christmas tree nail art! I really like your modern Christmas tree, especially the star on top! I think you did your tree justice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just LOVE this look! Your nails mirror your trees perfectly, and I love the glimmery modern look! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lush, tree looks lovely as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first pink themed tree I have seen and it's beautiful! Love the nails to go with it =]

    ReplyDelete