Tuesday 10 September 2013

Fruity Polishes and Flowers

Good evening lovelies

Just a quick post from me tonight on my super short nubbies. My poor little nails are not in great condition at the moment so I ended up taking them right back to prevent any further splits. Oh well... they will soon grow :-)



I started with Barry M Grapefruit which is one of my absolute favourites from the Gelly Hi-Shine collection. On my ring finger I used three coats of Barry M Prickly Pear which is one of the most disappointing polishes from the Gelly collection. Even with three coats it was patchy :-(


Over the top of the Grapefruit nails I stamped this pretty flower design in Konad White using a design from Bundle Monster plate BM 224. I finished each flower off with a tiny dot of purple.


On my ring finger I dabbed one coat of raspberry glitter to create a pretty sparkly accent nails!


These look really pretty in the sunshine - shame Autumn is just around the corner!

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your poorly nails! Have you tried Opi's Nail Envy? I use it for a basecoat on every manicure and it makes them so much stronger. I love this look, stamping is perfect too! I really want grapefruit after trying a few of the gellies! I have to agree with the comment you left me. I don't do well with the summer to gloom transition either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried any of the OPI care products. I am really not a fan of their polishes at all but maybe I should give Nail Envy a try. Thanks for the recommendation Ithi :). If you ever want me to help get you any UK nail polish you only have to ask xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks :). I was pleased with this simple but fun look x

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I feel your pain re splitting nails. Mine break all the time at work :(. At least you have nicely shaped nail beds though so they still look nice short xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maria. Its funny how you never think of your own nail beds as being nice. I look at other blogs I follow with very envious eyes :) xx

    ReplyDelete