Tuesday 30 April 2013

Navy Lace Nails

Good evening lovelies

What a wonderful four days I have had... nearly all of which have been celebrating my birthday in some way so I feel very lucky to have such amazing family and friends who have done so much to make it special for me.

Tonight I am going to show you the nails I wore for the evening of my birthday. Mr LiPP took me out for a lovely meal at our new favourite restaurant and I decided to paint my nails to match my new dress...


I started with a base of Navy Baby by Sally Hansen. The formula was lovely and the colour very rich but I didn't get on with the brush very well so found it a little hard to get the correct shape around my cuticles.

Below is a picture taken against the material of my new dress so you can see where I took my inspiration from :-).


Next using Au Champagne from Orly I stamped using two different plates. Firstly the fine fishnet style pattern was taken from Konad plate M57 and secondly the filigree swirls were taken from plate B 21. In order to replicate the dress I decided to leave the navy showing on some nails so I laid the stamping designs down at various angles.


I was really pleased with how Au Champagne stamped as I am yet to use this polish as a full base nail colour and it looked a little thin and shimmery in the bottle. It really surprised me and worked so much better than a bright white or shiny silver would have done for this particular design.


How do you like the finished design? For me I love any excuse to wear lace effect nails :-)

Louise xx
@L_i_P_P

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely, nice and subtle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely birthday! This is really beautiful, matches the dress perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Its worked really well not doing them all as full nails xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's impressive that you are getting thoughts from this paragraph as well as from our argument made at this time.


    my webpage: phoenix arizona attorneys

    ReplyDelete