Monday 1 October 2012

Jelly Glitter Sandwich

Creating a jelly glitter sandwich has been on my to do list for a while. When I first purchased this very sheer but pretty nude polish I knew I would save it for this very occasion. Here is a picture of the finished jelly glitter nude sandwich.


To create this look I started with two coats of Barry M Nude. This polish is a sheer jelly that would not build to a full coverage no matter how many coats you applied. Other bloggers have described this polish as your-nails-but-better and I have to agree. It evened out the discoloration I have from constant wear of brightly coloured polish and made my nails look shiny, healthy and natural.




To create the sandwich filling I used a clear based glitter polish which contains a mixture of gold hex glitters and lots of micro fine glitter particles. It was part of a set from Primark (of all places) and whilst it smells very strongly of chemicals I really love how it looks.



To complete the sandwich I then turned back to Barry M Nude and added another two coats on top of the glitter. This creates a really pretty but subtle look as it stops the gold glitter from looking quite so bright.


What do you think of my finished jelly glitter sandwich? Is this a look you would go for?

Thanks for reading

Louise xx

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I've been waiting for just the right polishes for a jelly sandwich. This is so delicate and girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I love this look; I'm going to try this with similar shades I own!

    ReplyDelete