Friday 5 October 2012

Butterfly Nail Decals

Good evening lovelies - are you all as glad as me that it is finally the weekend?

Tonight I have something a little different to show you as this nail art was created using water decals (aka transfers) rather than stamping plates.


I started with a base of BYS Pink Panic. This is absolutely the most intense neon colour out of my whole collection and doesnt need a white base coat to make it pop - it can do that all on its own.


I then set to work with the nail decals that I purchased on eBay for about £2. The decals arrive on one large sheet so I cut them up into smaller nail sized squares and dropped them into a bowl of warm water. After 30 seconds I took the first one out, blotted on kitchen paper, peeled the backing paper off and gently applied to my nail.


Simple but effective. These butterflies are really pretty and quite different to any of the stamps I have.


I did experience a few air bubbles so I definitely need to practice at applying these decals but overall I was pleased with the look and it was nice to do something other than stamping for a change.

Isn't this pink just the perfect shade for a summer pedicure? What do you think, would you give nail decals a try?

Louise xx

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I'd definitely give the water decals a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love water decals, and these are so interesting, I will def be checking e-bay for some.

    ReplyDelete