Tuesday 16 October 2012

Magnetic Nails - Green

In one of my recent posts I said that I didn't really like magnetic manicures and that I was glad I had used the polishes I own for stamping rather than magnetising.

All that said I couldn't resist picking up this stunning green Barry M magnetic polish in a recent 3 for 2 promotion. I really am a sucker for green :-)



This is Barry M Magnetic Green Sparkle. Putting it simply its magnetic, its green and its sparkly! This polish is part of the second release of Barry M Magnetics. I own the first four polishes that were released at the height of the magnet craze and they are no where near as good as these more recently released magnetics.



I applied one medium coat of Green Sparkle and let it dry completely. I then applied a second medium coat to one nail at a time, holding the chevron magnetic just above each nail for 10-15 seconds. The chevrons appear in the first few seconds but I held the magnet in place for longer to increase the sharpness of the design.


These pictures were taken before I applied top coat, again this is to preserve the edginess of the magntic pattern.


Isn't the sparkle in the polish just magical? I have to say I really love this look and considering you can achieve it all in such a short amount of time this is the perfect manicure for those 'I am in a rush' days!

Louise xx

4 comments:

  1. I have one of the Barry M Magnetic polishes from the first release (the burgundy one) and I love it! The pattern isn't as defined as the second release one though and it doesn't have the same gorgeous glittery finish. I have my eye on 'Super-Nova' now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I don't own a magnetic polish but this is on my wish list now.

    ReplyDelete