Tuesday 2 October 2012

Pink and Silver nails

Do you ever have one of those days?

Today is one of those for me. It started badly, I stubbed my toe as soon as I got up, I snapped my mascara wand in my mascara tube, I couldnt find the shirt I wanted to wear, I left the house 15 minutes late only to realise I had no petrol. I finally got onto the work car park to get stuck behind someone who needed 5 attempts to park and then realise she had taken the last space! Finally I had an argument with a tube of superglue and as a result it ruint my nails before I could take the pictures.

And breath... :-). The superglue explain the 'dink' in my index finger but I just had to show you these nails anyway.



To create this look I used BYS Fuchsia Flash as the base. I loved this colour in the bottle when I bought it this weekend but hated it on my nail. It dried with a frost finish with a slight lilac undertone and just looked really old fashioned. This meant I had to change my nail art plans as I wanted to cover this colour up as much as possible.


I reached for a pattern I had not used before on plate BM 223. I honestly thought I would hate this look but I ended up really liking it which just made the whole superglue debacle even more annoying!


On a litter note my brand new stamping plate arrived today and features some really pretty and intricate patterns - I cannot wait to get started on using this new extra large plate!

Do you ever start a manicure, think you will hate it, but manage to totally turn it around?

Louise xx

4 comments:

  1. Bummer about your morning but your nails made up for it!!! They look beautiful!!! As for liking a mani that I thought I wouldn't... Well it's usually the other way around LOL :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Your nail shape is fantastic, by the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( boo-urns to your crappy morning... But seriously your nails look fantastic! Great job.

    ReplyDelete