Sunday 3 February 2013

Nails for the Masquerade Ball

Hello lovelies

How has your weekend been? Ours has been busy but brilliant :-).

On Saturday during the day little sis and I went to meet the girls at the party venue so we could help set up and do some manicures. We had a really busy morning, covering tables, changing the layout (many times), arranging ostrich feathers in huge vases and just generally getting as organised as possible. Then I had just one and a half hours left to fit in as many manicures as possible. I managed to get five sets of nails painted plus some really pretty stamped accent nails for Laus and Hayley and some adorable freehand tuxedo style accents for Sammy :-).

Then it was time to go home and make a start on my own nails. I had gone for quite a bold colour choice with my dress... fuschia pink! Of course that meant I needed beautifully bright matching nails...

Excuse the rather orange looking fingers, I took these pictures when I got home at gone midnight and probably should have adjusted the light settings. However the good thing is the nail polish is totally colour accurate.


I started with Barry M Fuschia on all nails except my ring fingers. Fuschia is my absolute favourite pink for summer pedicures and as I did my toes to match my fingers for the ball I am currently rocking it on my tootsies even though it is winter!


I stamped this cute little bunch of flowers using Barry M Silver Foil and the pattern from BM 12. On all the pink nails I then added a top coat of Hologram Silver and added a sparkly pink rhinestone to the centre of the largest flower.


For my accent nails I painted one coat of Barry M Silver Foil as a base and topped them off with two coats of Barielle Starry Sky which is a clear polish with silver foil flakies (not pictured).


Here are a couple of shots of my completed nails alongside my pretty and very sparkly mask...


And finally some pictures from the night... This first one is me and the gorgeous Mr LiPP taken at home by my mum. I was so pleased with how we looked :-)


This picture was taken at the event in a pop up photo booth. The beautiful birthday girl is Hayley who is on the left in the teal mask, then we have my stunning little sister in the purple with black feathers and finally lovely Sammy who is Hayleys partner and totally rocked my freehand tuxedo nails on the night :-)


This last picture was again taken in the pop up booth on the night...


I hope you enjoyed this post... I love it when I get the chance to share a little bit about me and my loved ones as well as show case some nail art.

Happy Birthday for Monday Hayles - we love you :-)

Louise xx
@L_i_P_P

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what fun photos! Your nails look amazing and compliment your dress so well! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am glad you had a lovely time, you look amazing! And your nails are perfectly matched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh by far my favourite post ever!!! Of course some of it was about me lol xxx I never got to see your nails on the nite...clearly to wrapped up in myself so great to see them on here they looked fab!! As did you in that beautiful dress xx ps that's one of my fab pics too!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete