Sunday 16 September 2012

Mushroom and Peach Melba

Good afternoon lovelies. I hope you are all having fantastic weekends. We have been very lucky with the weather again for the past few days so hubby and I have made the most of it and spent plenty of time out and about running errands, walking our dogs and of course sitting in the beer garden enjoying the odd glass of pinot :-).

My nails today were inspired by a colour combination I saw on a friend of mine a few weeks ago. As soon as I saw her nails I knew I would replicate them to feature on this blog. Considering how much I love these two colours together I cant believe I didnt think to try it myself.

Introducing Mushroom and Peach Melba...



To create this look I used Barry M Mushroom and Barry M Peach Melba as my base colours. I then stamped this circular design straight from BM 322 using Barry M Gold Foil.



To finish off the Peach Melba accent nail I added just three small gold studs purchased from the Born Pretty Store through eBay. I love how the studs compliment the circular design I used for stamping today.

 

Here are a couple of pictures taken in direct sunlight so you can see just how bright and sparkly the Gold Foil polish is and also how smooth both base colours are.



Here is the swatch picture I took before I started stamping. Remind you of anyone SB? :-)


I hope you all enjoyed my post today. I am off to spark up the BBQ and enjoy the late sunshine (when I say spark up the BBQ, I of course mean pour a glass of wine and watch hubby spark up the BBQ)!

Louise xx

4 comments:

  1. Ooo I love this color combo! So pretty and unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mani. Your color combination is gorgeous! Enjoy your wine and BBQ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Wish I had thought of that colour combi ;) xx

    ReplyDelete