Friday 18 October 2013

Green and Gold Nails

Whoop whoop!

Friday at about this time is always cause for celebration... its the weekend! No more work, no more stress and no more recruitment drama. It will not long until I have a nice cold glass of Pinot in my hands and I will be sitting down to enjoy a nicely cooked meal (always better when someone else is cooking!) and as many episodes as I can handle of my favourite DVD boxset.

Onto my nails of the day (and possibly the weekend as I love them)...


As you can see below, I started with a base of Midnight Green on all nails. This gorgeous deep, forest green is from the Pro+ Avon collection and is so pigmented that I only need two very thin coats to achieve this coverage. Isnt the shimmer just beautiful?


To my Midnight Green nails I decided to stamp in Gold Foil from plate BM 203. This pattern is a series of interlocking squares and usually the type of thing I would avoid but I decided... in for a penny in for a pound!


On my ring finger accent nail I added one simple row of gold square studs. Easy but effective!


This picture below with the camera flash on really shows the depth of colour and the beautiful shimmer that stops it from being just a flat dark green polish.


The drying time on these Pro+ polishes is really good and although I only a couple I can certainly see myself purchasing more :-).


What plans do you have for this weekend? Mine mostly revolve around food... Again! :-)

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

2 comments:

  1. That green polish looks amazing! I love the studs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green is lovely. I always find Avon's polishes kind of hit or miss, I have some that are great but some that are terrible! This definitely looks like a good one though :)

    ReplyDelete