Tuesday 18 June 2013

Spice It Up: Sparkly Brown Nails

Good evening lovelies

Just a quick and surprising post from me tonight. Surprising because it features the colour... Brown!

I am not sure why I have such a dislike for brown nail polish. I don't dislike it when I see it on others but the thought of painting it onto my own nails leaves me a little cold. That said I picked up this sparkly little number recently so decided it was only fair to give it my best effort.

Here are my nails of the day...


As you can see I started with two very easy coats of Revlon Spice It Up. In all honesty I would not have purchased this colour however I spotted it in Poundland and decided I really had nothing to lose (other than a pound coin - obviously!).


Spice It Up really surprised me. Just look at the rich colour and gorgeous golden particles that really shimmer and bring this to life.


To highlight the golden shimmers I used Barry M Gold Foil to add this simple leaf print to each nail. The design is taken from the first bundle monster collection, plate number BM 03.



I really liked this so much more than I thought. Maybe if it wasnt such an amazingly bright day I would not have seen so many shimmers and I would not have liked it so much, but lucky for Spice It Up the sun shone bright! Have you tried any colours recently that surprised you? Do you have a colour you avoid at all costs? :-)

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

1 comment:

  1. Love this! For me it's green that I avoid... I just don't like how it looks on my nails!

    ReplyDelete